Source of recipe : homecookingadventure.com
Recipe has been improvised to suit our own taste and quantity. We made this delicious no-bake chocolate biscuit cake using 8 inch round cake tin.
Makes about 10 servings
500 g digestive biscuits (i used mc vites)
62.5 g nuts (mix of walnuts, hazelnuts), slightly chopped and toasted
125 g sugar
37.5 g unsweetened cocoa powder
150 g water
95 g butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
75 g whipping cream
75 g bitterswweet chocolate, chopped
1. Break the biscuits into sall pieces into a large bowl.
2. Heat non stick pan over medium high heat and toast walnuts or hazelnuts for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to toast evenly, Add toasted nuts over the biscuits.
3. Prepare chocolate syrup. In a mdeium sauce pan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and gradually add water, while stirring to combine well. Add butter and place over medium heat. Bring to boil for about 7-8 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Pour the syrup over the biscuits and nuts and combine welll using a large spatula or spoon.
5. Transfer mixture into 8 inch cake spring form pan.
6. Press well using the back of spoon or an offset spatula.
7. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to 1 hour before preparing the chocolate ganache.
8. Prepare Choc Ganache. Place cream into a small saucepan and heat until just begins to boil.
9. Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
10. Pour ganache over the choc biscuit cake and refrigerate to set for about 3-4 hours or overnight before serving.
11. Decorate with orange zest, toasted nuts if desired. Cut into slices and serve.